Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dystopian Binge

So I've been reading YA dystopian/post-apocalyptic books both for fun and for research for my own dystopian novel. I've also researched on fairy tales and the Amish community. Yes, I said it. Amish community. I'm still trying to figure out how much technology or lack of it I want to put into my Anserini society.

(By the way, if you can figure out why I named my society Anserini based on the few tidbits I've given on my fairy tale dystopia, then I deem you awesome. Don't you want to be awesome?)

The YA dystopian books I've read include:

The Giver by Lois Lowry
The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld
Matched by Ally Condie
Wither by Lauren DeStefano
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
The Forest of Hands and Teeth trilogy by Carrie Ryan
         (I can't wait for The Dark and Hollow Places!)

Any other suggestions?

3 comments:

Anne said...

I don't usually read dystopian novels, but I've been told to try The Hunger Games. Is the trilogy any good?

Chen Yan Chang said...

I love The Hunger Games trilogy, especially the first book. It's very exciting, so I can't wait to see it on screen when they make the movie! You should try out the first book and see if you like it :)

Anne said...

I think I'll try it soon then. I started the first 3 pages but then was so sick of all the non-chick lits I was reading, so I put it down :P

Post a Comment