Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Summer Love

Here's a rough little snippet of what I've been working on today for Summer of Second Chances. It's a scene I envision for the end of the book. Well, not end end, but like a chapter before the end. You can see that I've purposely left out the name of the guy Grace is with in this scene:
When I turned around and tilted my head up at him, he looked scared, almost uncertain of my reaction. Here was a guy who wanted me.
Me.
The girl who loved candy and books a little too much, who wore glasses and shorts cut off at the knee, who had thrown up a purple mess.
The girl who wanted him.
Pushing nervousness aside, I reached up and touched a corner of his mouth with my fingers. It started to lift beneath my fingertips. Then I finally looked into his blue eyes and smiled.  “Then what are you waiting for?” I asked. “Kiss me already.”
Both corners of his mouth lifted. His smile was the most breathtaking thing I’d ever seen in my life, and it was all for me.
Then he kissed me.

4 comments:

Anne said...

Omigod. Awwww. She gets the guy she wants! Even though I knew that, reading it just makes me all the more excited xD

Michelle said...

IT'S TOTALLY ADAM. I KNOW IT IS.
I will not believe otherwise. :P

Chen Yan Chang said...

Mighty confident, aren't you?

Michelle said...

Always. :)

Post a Comment