Thursday, May 5, 2011

Books of Wonder Signing

I wish I was still living in New York City. But sadly, I moved back to Delaware last year because I graduated from NYU and my apartment lease was up. One of the things I miss the most is going to author signings (and concerts). I already miss a lot of them with authors I would love to meet and hear them speak!

But this past Tuesday, I went to NYC to see Cassandra Clare, Holly Black, and Lauren DeStefano at Books of Wonder! I love all their books and I knew I had to take the Chinatown bus into the city to see them! There were so many people there in the store when I got their 45 minutes before it started! I was number 88 for the signing later on. There were so many more people after it started. It’s fun to hear the authors talk about their books and answer questions by the fans.


I got my books signed (I had to lug around 4 hard cover books and 2 paperbacks I brought from home, and I even bought 3 hard cover books at the store!). I got to have pictures taken with the lovely ladies. I got free goodies such as samplers of their next books and postcards from Holly Black and Cassandra Clare. I love the ones by Cassie b/c the postcards are funny to read—the exchanges between Alec and his friends back in NYC.

It was my first time meeting Lauren, but I’ve seen Cassie and Holly several times before at other NYC signings. Cassie even recognized me! That’s fun. (It’s like when my favorite male singer Tyler Hilton recognizing me at his concerts because I went to like 10 of them within a couple of years.)

Here are my pictures with the authors. Don’t mind my ugh face—it’s all shiny, bleh, and I have too much hair.  (And yes, my hair’s naturally wavy, thick, and long. You can’t really see the rest of my hair because it was partially tied up!)

Me with Holly Black

Me with Cassandra Clare

Me with Lauren DeStefano

Oh, since I bought Lauren DeSefano’s WITHER at the store, I really don’t need the ARC I got previously. Before going to the signing, I knew I wanted to give it away so I had her sign it. Tomorrow, I’m going to have a contest so one of you guys (who live in the USA because currently I’m unemployed so no money to send internationally) can win a signed ARC of WITHER! Watch out for that :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment