Thursday, May 26, 2011

Curious

Here's a Summer of Second Chances scene I'm working on where Grace and Adam are on the deck while the rest of their friends are down in the living room playing the game of Life:

It was no longer silent.
A cheer had exploded throughout the condo, a male cheer that sounded a lot like a “woo,” and I laughed at the absurdity of it. It wasn’t hard to recognize that it belonged to Tripp. Adam and I looked at each other in amusement when we heard another cheer from the living room.
“Did Tripp win or something?” Adam asked.
“Must be,” I said, remembering my board game and pogs day with Tripp last summer. Even though he was supposed to keep me company and cheer me up, he didn’t go easy on me in the games. When he celebrated, he celebrated hard. He didn’t care how naked he got—not that I’d seen him naked before. “He is a sore winner. He probably took his shirt off to celebrate.”
“Let’s check it out.”
I raised an eyebrow at him.
Adam rolled his eyes. “The celebration, not my shirtless friend.”

1 comments:

Meagan said...

I'm always so stoked to read more little bits of what you've written!

Post a Comment