Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fairy Tales

I love fairy tales.

It's my dream to have a fairy tale collection from books to DVDs. (I already have a good book collection of anthologies, commentaries, annotations, and analyses.) I would love to rewrite fairy tales. I would love to teach a course on fairy tales.

Fairy tales are very big these days in Hollywood, too. You already have Beastly, Red Riding Hood, and Tangled recently. And upcoming fairy tale retellings include Snow White and the Huntsman, The Brothers Grimm: Snow White, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, Jack the Giant Killer, Sleeping Beauty, and more. This fall, there will be two different fairy tale TV series: NBC's Grimm and ABC's Once Upon a Time.

It makes me more excited to work on my fairy tale dystopia!


1 comments:

Anne said...

I think I'll watch Grimm. Once Upon A Time looks confusing though :/

Post a Comment