Friday, June 10, 2011

Threesome

Oh, get your mind out of the gutter, people! I don't mean what you must be thinking.

Right now, I have THREE writing projects on my plate, and you must think I'm crazy for doing that to myself. I know I am crazy for doing that to myself! I always have lots of writing ideas and I even compile them into two thick binders. I've been collecting them since middle school, and currently, I have over 130 ideas for books/trilogies/series/short stories. (I transferred all into a file on my computer. It's the modern time, y'all!) Any time a new idea pops into my mind, it goes into my file of ideas. Of course, not all the ideas are awesome. Looking at my earlier ideas from high school makes me laugh.

For example, Everlasting Friends--very Babysitters Club, Sweet Valley Twins - esque series. It's about a group of friends who have regular teenage problems. Hey, I was in middle school when I came up with the idea! And I loved my Ann M. Martin and Francine Pascal books!

Anyway, back on topic...When I have three writing projects on my plate, my concentration is split a bit. I'm not as fully immersed and getting lost in one book. But the good thing about having multiple things to work on, when I get stuck or uninspired in one book, I can switch over to another. I've been doing that with Summer of Second Chances and the Untitled Fairy Tale Dystopia. At least, my new ideas are different from each other--the summer book is contemporary, romantic, funny and sweet while the dystopian one is more fantastic, sarcastic, dark, romantic, and adventurous. The third book Summer Friends is a rewrite, so it's not too hard to work on that since I already  have a draft to work with.

It's a challenge, but I want that challenge, and hopefully, I can finish all three by the end of 2011 :)

1 comments:

Anne said...

I'm in the same boat! The only part I don't like is how I don't get completely lost in the book I'm working on. It sometimes makes it harder for me to get back in that character's head, which I find almost a waste of time :/

Post a Comment