Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Favorite Books of 2011

In no particular order (except for Daughter of Smoke and Bone which is my favorite this year), here is a list of my 10 favorite books of 2011:



1. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
This book is so beautiful, magical, and fantastical. The writing, story, and characters were simply amazing. Karou is such a kick-ass character who loves her family so much. The love story between Karou and Akiva is so beautiful and sad. The ending makes me sad :(. I can't wait for the sequel!




2. Blood Red Road by Moira Young

Although I had to get used to the writing style, I love the story anyway. I'm in love with dystopian novels, and this one is amazing. Saba is a strong female character who's willing to do anything to save her twin brother who has been kidnapped. I also love Jack, the love interest :)




3. We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han

I love Jenny Han's Summer trilogy, and this one is the last one. All through this trilogy, I've always been Team Conrad. So I didn't like how this book is about Belly's upcoming wedding to his brother Jeremiah. But things are resolved in the end although I would have loved to see more of the ending because it seemed rushed. I can't wait for the paperback to come out because it will have some of Conrad's letters to Belly!




4. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Another dystopian novel? Love, love, love. Tahereh Mafi's writing style is so beautiful, lyrical, and poetic. I wish I could love in her beautiful words. I love Adam in this book, who is so protective of Juliette. Warner is such a great villain, too! The ending seems a bit X-Men-ish, but I can't wait for the sequel, especially when Juliette discovers something about Warner.


5. Legend by Marie Lu

Dystopian novel again. I love the alternating POVs between June and Day, child prodigies in this dystopian world. June wants to capture Day who's believed to have killed her brother. Action? Check. Romance? Check check. Plus, Day's POV is printed in gold-colored ink! I can't wait for the sequel!




6. Red Glove by Holly Black

This book is a sequel to White Cat. I love the world Holly Black has created with the curse workers and cons. The love story between Cassel and Lila is sad, especially what happens in the end. I can't wait for Black Heart, the last book in the trilogy!






7. Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton

This book is so fun, funny, and action-filled. Ellie is such a bad-ass female character who reminds me of Sailor Moon! She learns how to fight various creatures in the book with the help of Will. My heart thumps, thumps, thumps when I think of Will. Wellie! They are so yummy together, especially in the sequel Wings of the Wicked which I was lucky to win from Courtney back in the summer!



8. Wither by Lauren DeStefano

Dystopian. I love the writing in this book. It's so beautiful. The world Lauren DeStefano has created is horrific because the main character Rhine is kidnapped to be one of the wives of Linden. Rhine desperately wants to escape and be back with her twin brother. There's also a small romance with a servant of the house, Gabriel, but I feel that Gabriel is seen very little in this book. I'm currently reading an ARC of the sequel Fever and so far, lots of Gabriel!


9. The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan

Dystopian and zombies. This book is the last one in the The Forest of Hands and Teeth trilogy. It's also my favorite of the trilogy. I love the female character Annah who's been through so much in her life, even physically scarred. Her romance with Catcher is so amazing because he doesn't care what she looks like.




10 . Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

This book is the last one in the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. The writing is so beautiful and sad and emotional. Grace and Sam. Sigh. They are so beautiful together. They have been through so much together.

1 comments:

Burgandy Ice said...

Happy New Year to you, too!!!

I love your Fav list!! Most of 'em are on my Must Read list, so that's encouraging!!

Post a Comment